Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Three

Charlotte is now, officially, 3 years old.  Where oh where has the time gone?  I say this with every milestone, every birthday, I know.  But the time!  It keeps going!  Passing too quickly for my liking, and yet I am excited for each new moment..

Charlotte, over the last year:

was "accepted" as a peer role model for the developmental preschool (she'll start in August)
got her first hair cut
took after her big sister in her desire to only wear dresses
finally (finally!!!) potty learned
learned to get herself dressed from head to toe, including zippers and (some) buttons
slept most nights in her own bed, except when I would sneak her out in the middle of the night to cuddle
gained a baby brother, who she loves more than I ever expected or could have hoped
learned her alphabet and how to draw "her" letter
drew her first somewhat-recognizable person
memorized "Joe Boat"
helped me every day to water the garden since it's been planted
removed (accidentally) our first and most successful plant, a zucchini ("that's ok, Mommy, I just thought it was a weed.")
took on the ocean like a champ, got rolled in the surf, and went back out
rejected Michael's attempt to give her a new nickname (Hazelnut)
made me laugh at least once every day

Happy Birthday to my sweet girl.  I'm so excited for what this next year will bring!







trying to show me how old she is

it's hard going from 2 to 3 fingers!

om nom nom

Maya's cupcake :)








No comments: