Monday, July 23, 2018

Harens Head West, Part 2

Idaho Falls

On the first official day of our vacation, we drove from Las Vegas to Idaho Falls. When I made our itinerary, I had somehow figured that we had a 6-hour drive. Not great, but not terrible; this trip was going to involve lots of driving so might as well get started, right? When I put the address into google maps, I realized I'd made an error and we actually had a NINE hour drive. Oops! Fortunately the kids were troopers and we were all excited to see the rest of the family, and we had a couple audiobooks that made the time pass (as quickly as 9 hours can pass, anyway!). Michael and I split up the driving, and we were in Idaho Falls by dinnertime. We met up with Penny, Uncle Patrick, Aunt Kayla, and Uncle Chris. Our hotel was right on the river, and it was beautiful! We walked to dinner, and then walked back along the river and falls. The kids were excited to swim at the hotel pool, even though it was far too cold to swim (I'm pretty sure I was wearing a sweatshirt while we sat by the pool!). The next day I got to run along a path around the river before breakfast, and after we ate we split ways with everyone and spent the day walking around the town. We ate lunch at a super hipster place (they had avocado toast on the menu!) and got slushies from a repurposed train car. Later in the afternoon, we headed to our next destination...












Fruit Ninja!


I don't know that I've ever actually seen a beaver (?) dam in real life!










No comments: