Friday, August 26, 2011

Milo

The past week and a half with our new addition has been so amazing.  He is small and cuddly and squishy and calm and so freaking cute.  He sleeps about 22.5 hours of the day, and when awake he mostly just looks around and is cute.  He's kindof like a puppy except he doesn't bark and he wears diapers, so no housetraining required (we'll work on potty learning in a few years ;)).  I know that this amazing newborn stage will not last long, so I am savoring every second.  He is already growing and changing so much and he is only 9 days old!

As you can imagine, I have quite a few pictures to share!  I'm working on sorting and editing them, so for tonight, here are a few from the last couple of days :)

Milo's first trip in the sling ~ he was comfy cozy <3

Milo is eyeing that Diet Coke...he may have inherited Mommy's addiction...

Daddy and Milo

If you look closely, you can make out who Milo is looking at (hint...look at his eye!)

It's Aunt Laura!

Laura and Patrick came to visit yesterday and told me they had been talking Milo up to their friends...

I hope he lived up to their expectations!

Well, that's all for now.  But, here is a little preview for next time...Milo was pretty excited about the bath before he got in.  I bet you'll never guess how he felt about it once it started ;)
Yes, his umbilical cord is normal, it just looks gross.  It is thisclose to falling off...hopefully tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a beautiful baby. Love the sling, he looks so long in it. And comfy. :)

picturingtheordinary said...

I agree, he is definitely very cute! I'm so glad you're getting to savor holding him and all that comes with the newborn stage! I'm also glad that he doesn't bark...

Courtney said...

Jumped over to your blog from facebook (through the New Natural Mom's group). I also have a little one born in August (the 12th). I'm curious - where did you get your sling & what type is it called? It looks wonderful!

Sarah said...

Courtney ~ My sling is a wrap conversion. It started out as a "linde waves" Didymos, and was converted into a sling by Sleeping Baby Productions. I bought it used off of thebabywearer.com. I *love* it and it is super comfy :)