Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ballet Recital Wrap-Up

The Saturday before Memorial Day is quickly becoming one of my favorite days of the year, as it is the day that we get to see all the kids from Maya and Charlotte's ballet studio perform what they have been working on for the last several months.  Their hard work is evident, and it is so neat to see the progression of skill from the teeny tinies (Charlotte's class this year) all the way up through high school seniors.  I may be biased, but Thursday preschool ballet and Thursday ballet 2 were definitely the best dances of the evening ;)

The weeks leading up to the recital were filled with mostly excitement but also some stress ~ Milo somehow got ahold of both scissors AND Maya's recital costume...let's just say I'm thankful for my mom's sewing abilities!  On top of the hole-in-the-irreplaceable-costume situation, I was also slightly (ok, majorly!) stressed about Charlotte.  She's an amazing and wonderful and talented and smart and beautiful little girl, but she doesn't always show that to the world, and I never know how she will handle new and stressful situations.  Guys.  She blew me away!  She rocked her little dance like it was the most natural thing in the world and made at least 2 people cry with all her overcoming-anxiety-and-sensory-overload and stuff :*)

I am glad for the break we have now from school and (most) activities, but I am definitely looking forward to ballet starting again in the fall.

Of course, pictures:



I told Maya to make a silly face, and she told me that "ballerinas don't make silly faces".  So of course Isabella had to do this (she's amazing :))







Maya, Charlotte, and Isabella with their awesome teacher Miss Kristen
 This next series of pictures isn't my favorite in terms of composition, but you have to watch the progression...
Out of about 20 shots, I don't have even one where all three of them are looking at the camera!

Isaac wants in on the action...

...then Milo joins in...

...

...starting to look a little mischievous there, fellas...

"are the grown-ups watching?

"Ok, do it!"

Milo isn't totally sold on the antics yet...just wait for it

There ya go.  Little brothers stealing the show :)



Isaac giving Milo some pointers

Breakout!

The Heisman











No comments: