Monday, May 16, 2011

Of Gardens and Weddings

This weekend was very long and VERY fun!  The girlies and I drove to my mom's house on Friday afternoon so she could watch the girlies for me on Saturday morning while I got up at the crack of dawn to run in a 5k with my sister, Katie.  Saturday was the 5k (Race for the Cure), which was just awesome and perfect.  My sister, who has pretty much never run, did part of the "couch to 5k" training, but by Saturday had only ever run 1.5 miles without stopping.  Ya'll, SHE DID IT!!!  I was so proud of her :)  She told me that if her pregnant sister could run, then she could, too!  So yay for the baby belly motivation :)  After the 5k, I picked up the girlies and drove back home, and then on Sunday we went to Mount Vernon for my sister's wedding shower.  So fun!

Also?  And this is totally unrelated to the weekend, btw.  I got what might be my favorite picture of Charlotte, like, ever.  Maya, too.  I'll let you guess which ones those are ;)

Girlies in my mom's epic garden.  That's rhubarb in the middle.





 


 



***********************************************************



 




Group staged shot

Less staged ;)  They didn't know I was gonna hit the remote again!


We tried to get a shot of my mom with all the grandkids.  Out of about 100 shots, here are the "best of the worst" :)  I think there is one actually decent-and-mostly-in-focus picture...






Katie with her future mother-in-law and sister-in-law

I love how the girlies look so thrilled to be in this one, lol :)


Congrats, Katie!!!

No comments: