Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Nation's Capital

Recently Michael had a business trip to Washington, DC, and we tagged along. We had fun seeing the sights around Washington, and then when Michael was at his conference the girls and I went to the Baltimore Zoo.

This is at one of our stops on the way there. You can't tell from this picture, but Charlotte screamed in the car pretty much the entire way. As soon as we'd get her out of the carseat, perfect angel. Hmmm.


Charlotte at the hotel ~ all tuckered out from a long day of screaming in the car:


Maya reading to Charlotte at the hotel:


Maya was SO EXCITED to ride the Metro. She could barely sit still.


Charlotte having a little snack in the sling:


Lunchtime:


Michael and Maya walking up to the Lincoln Memorial:


The family:


A DUCK! Mommy, it's a DUCK! (in the Reflecting Pool)


Sightseeing apparently makes one quite sleepy:


At the zoo:


It took a lot of courage for Maya to go up and touch the (fake) turtle.


At the zoo we saw a bird that jumps (I think it was a vulture, but I don't remember for sure...) and Maya decided that she would also like to jump "just like the bird".


Our way home was much less eventful (read: loud) than the way there. Michael and I listened to Three Cups of Tea on audiobook and it's a great read...err...listen. Highly recommended.

And I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures. I wish I could freeze time so that they stayed this little forever:

No comments: