Friday, June 18, 2010

The One With My New Nephew (pic heavy...VERY heavy!)

Michael had some vacation time this week, so we got an opportunity to go visit my sister and brother-in-law and the new addition, "Baby Jacob" :) He is too cute, very cuddly and squishy and yummy smelling and everything a tiny babe should be. They are doing great! Charlotte, my tiny little baby, looked like a giant! But, with the way this guy is growing he will soon surpass her :) His birth weight was almost 2 and a half pounds heavier than hers, though, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised!

Besides just looking forward to seeing my sister and meeting my nephew, I also had the opportunity to take lots and lots of pictures! Seriously. We were at their house for a total of less than 8 hours, and we took almost 800 pictures. Craziness. Here are some of my favorites!

Congrats again to Mare and Jason! And thanks for letting me practice my photography skills on your new family! :)

Charlotte was much calmer around Jacob than I thought she would be ~ I had anticipated lots of eye-poking, but she mostly just sat next to him and stared. Maya on the other hand, was very interested in Jacob. She wanted to kiss his head and tickle his feet!



During Jacob's solo photo shoot, we thought it would be a good idea to try to get some tummy-time pictures. Rather than explain how Jacob felt about this idea, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!


He much preferred being on his back.




He wasn't a huge fan of the sun ~ too bright for those big eyes!

It was very clear that he loves his mama...and she loves him! Even being outside was okay as long as he was in her arms. I love these shots ~ a lot of the family pictures were more staged looking, but I felt like these ones caught the pure joy that Jacob is bringing to Mare :D


But, I have to admit, even the "staged" shots were pretty nice, too ~ I suppose that's easy when you have such a beautiful family!

And finally, my favorite picture of the whole weekend. Seriously? How cute is this baby!

2 comments:

Janel said...

Aren't newborns simply the best? :) Love the family picture at the top!!

Unknown said...

incredible pictures! great camera