Monday, April 12, 2010

The One With Lots Of Babies!

Michael and I visited our friends Bryan and Tiffany on Saturday. Maya and Carter (their almost-2-year-old) played in their awesome playroom, and since Charlotte thinks she is quite the big girl these days, she decided to play with them rather than hang out with me. She's much too cool to be seen with her mom, apparently :P Carter, it would seem, loves to give kisses!

In total boy fashion, Carter took a spill a couple weeks ago and got his first stitches. He took it like a champ and definitely seems no worse for the wear.

I asked Michael if he thought that Maya or Charlotte would be the first to require stitches. He answered "Maya" so fast that I actually thought he didn't hear the question! When my follow-up was, "do you think it will be a sports related injury" he just sorta chuckled and said, "no". And I agree. Unless sports ability skips a generation, our kidlets will be sadly uncoordinated (which I suppose means that a sports injury is quite likely! Unless they just don't play at all...). But they'll rock at computer programming!

Anyway, back to our friends! A month ago they had twins, and then just 2 or 3 weeks after that they moved into a new house! Holy moly! So we were visiting the new house for the first time, and we got to see the twins ~ squee! They are so squishable and cuddly and I just want to eat them up! All of the pictures of me holding them look like this ~ I would start with them up at my shoulder and then they would migrate down until they were comfy against each other on my belly!

After a fun time and yummy lunch and lots and lots of running and jumping for the girlies (they have a trampoline!), we came home and the girls passed out in the car. Thanks for exhausting them, guys! :)

And I'll leave you with this picture ~ I mean, it requires no words, right? Tif says this is the only way they'll sleep for any length of time.

No comments: