Tuesday, March 6, 2012

15 Years

I looked up what the appropriate gift was for a 15 year anniversary, and the internets told me that it was either crystal or a watch.  As much as Michael LOVES his crystal chalice that the girls got him for his birthday, I thought maybe that wouldn't be the most appreciated thing.  And, he has a watch.  We both got watches for each other as wedding gifts, and neither of us wears them.  I would try to make him feel bad about this, except that I'm not even 100% sure I could find mine...oops!

So, I thought and thought, what would Michael want for this momentous anniversary of the day that he said "so, you wanna go out?" and captured my heart forever?  A video of the kids doing an internet meme, that's right!  If any of you know me well, you will know that I am TERRIBLE at keeping secrets, so the fact that I was able to take these videos AND assemble them into a 1+ minute montage, all while not spilling the beans or asking for help, is a gift in and of itself. Please forgive that some of the videos are sideways :P

To my amazing husband: I cannot imagine what my life would be like without you in it.  These last 15 years have been the best of my life, and I am looking forward to many, many more.  I love you!

This is the oldest picture I could find of Michael and I.  Technically this was taken more like 13 years ago, but it's the best I could do.  As a bonus, this was taken in South Carolina when I visited Michael on his family vacation (my family was vacationing nearby) ~ it was the day that I realized that Michael was "the one" ~ cheesy I know, but who wasn't when they were 15 years old???

Also, this is probably my favorite picture of Laura ever taken :)

What was up with my shorts??? You better believe they buttoned above my navel.




3 comments:

Patrick said...

That video is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. That's hilarious. Congratulations you guys!

Math Zombie said...

Awesome. So you've been together for more than half of your lives. Very cool. So statistically, you could say you like each other half the time.

Michael Haren said...

Wow, babe, thanks! That's pretty great!