Sunday, February 7, 2010

The One Where I Find Out That The Weather Man Was Incorrect

Friday afternoon it started snowing. I checked the forecast and the National Weather Service was predicting 4-6 inches. Since moving to northeast Ohio, 4-6 inches of snow doesn't sound like much ~ schools don't even always close for that much ~ so I wasn't concerned. We went to the store and to pick up a movie and some pizza later that night and the roads were getting pretty bad. I figured it would be better by morning. When I woke up on Saturday, I couldn't believe it outside!



We had over a foot of snow fall! It literally took a couple of hours to shovel the driveway and sidewalk.



Maya LOVED it.





She is definitely getting over her fear of snow getting in her face (which we found when I accidentally hit her in the face with a snowball...oops!). Her favorite thing is having a snowball fight ~ it is HILARIOUS when she throws snow at Michael or me, and even more so when we throw it at her. Good times :)







We lasted about 30 minutes before deciding it was time to come inside to get warm and dry ~ hot chocolate for Michael and I, and "tea" (hot water with honey) for Maya.



It was a very good day :)

No comments: