Sunday, March 27, 2011

The One With Uncle Chris and Science

Uncle Chris has spring break this week, so he came to visit :)  Of course we have had a great time!  The girlies have really loved having him visit, as have Michael and I!  He has read book after book after book, "flown" them around the house, strapped Screamy McFreaksalot into her carseat countless times (seriously helpful!), babysat so Michael and I could go out, helped Charlotte ride her tricycle, drawn whatever Maya wanted with sidewalk chalk, and generally just been an awesome uncle!  The girlies are so lucky to have him in their lives!





Chris asked Maya what to draw.  She said, "a picture of Isabella but Isabella is a cat".  He wasn't quite expecting that request, lol :)


Saturday we went to the Great Lakes Science Center (Groupon, woot!).  Fun fun fun!
 




 





 

Maya was drawing with markers today during Charlotte's nap, and she came into the living room all proud of herself for this:

She was trying to put on make-up (if you couldn't tell :)).  She did lipstick and eye shadow.  We asked her what was on her arm (clearly not make-up) and she said "I just wanted to color on my arm."  Fair enough, I suppose!

Later on, during Maya's bath, she asked me if I would put make-up on her for real so that she could be beautiful.  I told her that she didn't need it, that she was beautiful without any make-up at all.  She thought about it for a moment, and then said, "well but I wouldn't be if I didn't have a head."  Very matter-of-fact.  I wasn't really sure what to say :P

I did not tell her to make this face :)

1 comment:

picturingtheordinary said...

Isabella as a cat! Lol! Maya's make-up application could use some work but it's probably better than some people! :)

p.s. I like the new background and the pictures at the top!