Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life in the Day

I was going to title this post "A Day in the Life" but my chosen title feels more appropriate right now.  In true Kelle Hampton fashion, I am trying to focus on soaking up every bit of life every day.  As the weeks fly by with Milo, I am reminded that they really do grow up too fast, and as Maya's 4th birthday looms brightly in the not-too-distant future, I try daily (and sometimes even succeed) to enjoy each moment, each milestone, each drawing, each story.  I am well aware of the fact that Milo may be our last baby (by choice or circumstance), so while the OCD part of me screams "DIRTY DISHES!  STICKY FLOOR!!!", I try to balance that with playing and holding and coloring and know that, when the kids are in school (as in, college ;)) my house will probably get more of my focus.  Right now it is "clean enough to be healthy, messy enough to be happy" (thanks to my friend Jamie for that one :)).

Since I've been an infrequent blogger for the past 6 weeks, here is a short update on each child :)

MAYA:
Preschool and ballet are her main focuses right now.  Outside of that, she is loving going to the park and playing with her friends.  She asks me almost every day if we are going to see Isabella, and if I say no she quickly follows with, "well then we'll see Kendall (or Eden)".  She LOVES her brother.  We're having a princess party for her birthday, and today she told me that Milo could be her "little prince" <3  I love her more than I thought possible.

CHARLOTTE:
Charlotte has become quite the independent little lady of late.  While Maya is at preschool, she sets up whole picnics and/or tea parties for her babies, lays down and reads books, puts on dress-up clothes and dances around, and generally entertains herself.  She is becoming more and more verbal and I love that.  She is still cuddly some of the time, and I savor each hug and kiss.

MILO:
Milo is pretty much amazing all the time.  I mean, we have our rough nights and our days where I am holding him at arms length for Michael to take as soon as he walks in the door, but he is just my awesome little man.  The boy is growing like a weed and has the cutest little chubbly thighs and wrists.  He wants to be held pretty much all the time, and I happily (for the most part ;)) oblige.  He is already far too big for my liking!

And now, pictures...

Maya's favorite hairstyle :)




 

He is enjoying bathtime quite a bit more now!

Waiting for ballet to start



Charlotte wishes she could be in the class, too!




Showing what she learned in class

"Isabella, make a silly face!"



 




Trip to Duma's to buy beef...




At Becca and Julia's birthday party




Milo with Pam, my midwife <3

I love love love love love how they play together.  Love.




Bird's-eye view





2 comments:

Unknown said...

so adorable. your pictures are fabulous. I really miss you guys. Love the one with Pam, and the one with you nursing baby with the birthday hat on! Looks like Maya is doing great with ballet! :)

picturingtheordinary said...

I'm kind of in love with Charlotte in overalls--so cute! Maya's up-do is awesome!

And of course, Milo is adorable and I'm glad his traumatic bath experience is in the past and his daddy re-learned how to bathe a baby. ;)