Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Paper Chasing Part III ~ the Waiting

After waiting very very patiently for the stars to align so that our home study could be completed, we got that beautiful, magnificent package in the mail yesterday morning.  We are DONE with the home study!  Yay!!!!!  Now, hold your horses a minute, we have recently discovered that this does not mean we are done with our part...yet.  I checked the mail at approximately 11:07am, realized we had received our home study, jumped for joy, gathered the remaining documents and forms we needed (easy to do as I've been waiting for this moment so they were in a folder labeled "complete, ready to send"), went to print out our cover page so I could send everything out...and discovered that somebody had used the last of my printer paper.  Now, I'm not naming any names (Maya), but I will say that my frustration was probably a bit more obvious than I would have liked toward said unnamed individual (Maya) ;)  No worries, though!  My practical child informed me that it was ok, and that we could just go to the store and get more paper.  And you know what?  That's exactly what we did.  Target for paper, back home to fight with my printer to print out this one very simple yet very important page, then to the post office to hand over these precious documents.  I could not even begin to fathom the stress of sending this package out into the ether without super-tracking, so it was sent overnight express with guaranteed noon delivery (it made it with 22 minutes to spare, so yay USPS :)).  Now Michael and I wait for the Department of Homeland Security (that's right) to set us up with fingerprint appointments, and once we're cleared by the FBI (right???) we will be able to send our dossier to our agency (provided we can come up with the large fee) and then we will officially go on the wait-list.  We are so close I can taste it!  Ok, I can't really taste it, but I can feel it.  In my bones and skin and stomach, the excitement and anxiousness keep me awake.  I'm looking forward to being done with what we have control over (ha!) and letting God handle the rest.  I'm ready to sleep.

No comments: