Friday, July 12, 2013

DTE!!! We're DTEEEEEEEEEEEE!

After nearly 6 months of collecting documents, having our health and our home and our parenting and our children scrutinized evaluated, writing letters explaining employment (or "un"employment) and child request and prior medical diagnoses, getting fingerprinted, reading books, doing online and in-person trainings, and waiting patiently for government clearance, we are DONE!  D-O-N-E done!  I received the email from our family coordinator today and did a little happy dance ;)

Technically we are now "DTE" which stands for Dossier To Ethiopia, and our DTE date is 7/12/13.  I am so glad to be done with the first part of this journey and to take my focus at least a bit away from the process so that I can concentrate on things like, oh, my children that I already have living in my house ;)

We're not sure what the next step is yet, except that we know there is waiting involved.  Like, a lot of waiting.  My last post laid out my feelings on that so I won't elaborate :) In the meantime our plan is to take a break, then pray about what we should do with all this time we have that we weren't expecting.

THANK YOU to all who have prayed, donated, shared our story, let me talk about the journey in person...all of it means so much to us.

No comments: