Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Photoshop Elements

Thanks to our very generous families at Christmas time, Michael and I were able to purchase a nice new camera. Our camera that we have already is great and we'll still use it for photos and video (new camera doesn't do video), but I wanted to start getting into more complex photography than I could do with our point-n-shoot. As part of the decision to get the new camera, I agreed to learn how to actually use it (no sense in getting a fancy camera with lots of bells and whistles if I'm just gonna leave it in "auto" mode! :)). I've gotten books from the library, done lots and lots of research online, and now we sit holding our breath waiting for the UPS truck to arrive...

In the meantime, I decided that I'd also like to be able to do some fancy editing of the photos, so I downloaded a free trial version of Photoshop Elements. After using it for all of one day, I am loving it! It's really easy to use (especially with the online tutorials :)) and makes pretty awesome pictures, if I may say so!

Here are some examples (original pictures taken with a Canon PowerShot SD1000, except for the first which was taken by my friend Sierra)

Maya's best friend, Isabella:


Charlotte in her new Christmas bow:


Charlotte during nakey time:


Maya and her friend Adam at Isabella's birthday party (on Isabella's new tricycle)


Maya and Isabella at Isabella's birthday party:

No comments: