Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Can I Talk To Daddy, Too?"

Sierra and I took the kids to the park for a walk on Friday (which apparently was a TERRIBLE idea, if we base it on the amount of screaming and meltdowns that ensued).  Next time I think we will leave the 3-year-olds home!  Isaac and Charlotte happily rode in the double stroller while Maya screamed frantically every time she got more than 3 feet away from me.  In my mind Isabella was being cooperative and funny, but I don't know that that is how Sierra remembers it!  I think I remember my own children's tantrums better than other people's!  Fortunately for me, Maya fell asleep in her carseat about a second and a half after leaving the park ~ yay for naptime!

Anyway, one of the highlights of the outing was when Michael called.  Maya wanted to talk to him, so I handed her the phone, and she said, "hi Daddy!"  Immediately Isabella decided that she *needed* to talk to daddy, too.  When Maya was done, she handed the phone to Isabella, who pretty quickly started laughing. She said, "he's talking funny!"  Apparently she thought it was *her* daddy on the phone, so was quite surprised to hear Michael's voice :)


The other highlight (read: distraction) of the trip was seeing a black squirrel.

No comments: