Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The One With Lots Of Parentheses

Michael is on a business trip this week, so after preschool today, the girlies and I headed to Waterworks Park to run out some energy. Well, *they* ran out some energy. Between allergies and the lone parent thing, plus going to bed way WAY too late, my energy is very low already! Sierra, my super duper awesome friend, met us at the park with Isabella and Isaac and brought me a passion-tea-lemonade (my favorite!) from Starbucks. Because she is awesome. Did I mention that already? Anyway, of course the girlies needed to have some of the drink. Maya asks very sweetly ~ "Mommy, can I please try just a little sip of your drink?" (which means, if she gets ahold of it, I'd better watch out or she will very quickly drink a *big* sip!). Charlotte, on the other hand, just points and screams while I pretend to not know what she is asking for. What? You would do the same thing. Don't lie. Anyway, because I am so kind and generous, I did let Maya have a "little" sip (several, actually) and let Charlotte try it, though she hasn't quite figured out how to use a straw and is always surprised when she gets something out of it! To be fair, she does the same with a regular cup and a sippy cup :P Anyway, even after the drink was long gone and only ice remained, Charlotte demanded that she be the one in charge of the cup. She carried it around the playground like she carries her babies at home...which of course means she dropped it several times, shook it up and down on occasion, and then abandoned it on the ground when she got tired of it...what a good little mommy :P

We also met up with another awesome friend Adrianne and her adorable (and very photogenic!) daughter Kendall, and the girlies all played together very well!

The girls and I had a pretty great day, but I am *certainly* looking forward to Michael coming home on Friday. We will be counting down the minutes by then, I am sure! And on Saturday morning I get to go to book club (yay!!!) by myself (double yay!!!) while he takes the girlies on a preschool field trip (I know, right??? Don't worry, I am sending him with the camera and the instruction to document EVERYTHING).

And without further ado, here are some pictures of our time at the park :D
I love this picture, and am so sad that "Baby Jaguar" (who is actually a tiger) got in the way!




Your eyes are not deceiving you ~ the girls are playing on the same toy. TOGETHER. And they are not fighting.



The very photogenic Kendall

Thinking...

It was just too tempting. Though she did stop when I asked her to. I use the "you need to be a good example for Charlotte, since she's just a baby!" reasoning. So far it works pretty well :D

A random toy (cake topper?) that we found. Well, that Charlotte found. And put in her mouth. Gross.

Charlotte and her cup

She also kept going after Sierra's drink. The girl is determined!


3 comments:

Michael Haren said...

Very nice captures. That last one needs a caption, big time. They look like teenagers in that picture with their clothes and the way they look giant compared to the far off picnic tables (or maybe they were tiny tables...). And the casualness to their snack carrying...idk I'm clearly tired.

picturingtheordinary said...

Wow, those pictures are great! I love all of them...way to go!

Laura said...

I'm with Michael - very good pictures. And that last one is amazing. I love how you often end posts with pictures of the kids walking away, like there is too much more fun to be had.

Also, there are some spectacular pictures of Charlotte, she is much too big, and i haven't seen her in much too long.

And i will have to try that lemonade for sure!

Love you :)