Monday, November 19, 2012

Busy Weekend!

As I said in the last post, this time of year gets a bit busy around these parts!  Having all of our family out of town makes the holidays a little trickier, though I am SO thankful they are mostly in the same area as each other so we don't have to choose between families at Christmastime (just have to have some flexibility in our schedule!).  This weekend began the awesomeness that is Thanksgiving-to-Christmas (and I say that in all seriousness...it's busy but awesome!) when we went to my Father-in-Law's house for Thanksgiving.  He lives a little over 3 hours from here, and I had a previously-scheduled get-together on Saturday night, so we got up bright and early on Sunday morning and made the trek.  The kiddos were pretty awesome in the car, and we made it in one piece!

Side note here ~ we've been traveling frequently, shortish and longish distances, with the kids since they were born.  A "short" trip to visit family is at least 2 hours one-way, average is closer to 2.5 or longer.  I love living where we do in NE Ohio so we can't really do anything about the distance other than get the kids used to it.  The girls color or read a book or play I-Spy or find-the-letter or something, and Milo is entertained by being able to see his sisters.  They are also usually so excited to see Grandma/Grandpa/Aunts/Uncles/Cousins that they don't complain too much :-)

Anyway, so we celebrated Thanksgiving and got to hang out with family a bit.  It was so nice to see everyone and just made me MORE excited for Christmas!  And of course I have pictures :D  At Christmastime I need to be more intentional about getting pictures of grandparents/aunts/uncles.

Hulk Smash!




One of Larry's cats...cat eyes freak me out!  This one was pretty friendly, and Maya loved him.















No comments: