Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Debbie Downer

Warning: Grumpy rant ahead!

Milo is sick. Again. For the 473rd time since January.  He tends to get sick right around this time every month, so I think I've made it to one LLL meeting in the last year, and I'm a leader!  I feel bad for him, but this sickness is especially...well...annoying.  There.  I said it.  I'm annoyed that he's sick which means anything we had planned gets canceled, and canceling plans is one of my very least favorite things to do because I *hate* being unreliable.  It also means that he spends most of the day either crying and needing 110% of my attention, or walking around touching things with his germ-covered fingers and wiping his nose/eyes/hands/mouth on my shirt.  Said things do not get immediately disinfected because once he senses that I'm trying to get something important done, the crying starts again.

Ok, sorry to be a downer.  Most of the time my kids are awesome and amazing and I handle the crying and illnesses with superwoman-like patience (haha, ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration ;)).  Today?  Well, hopefully tomorrow is better.

Can you tell that Michael is coming home late tonight, and, due to Milo's illness I haven't been able to go to the gym in 2 days?  Is my grumpiness coming through well enough?

Sometimes this parenting gig wears me out :P  I'mma sign off now, and catch up on some bad TV that I can only watch when Michael is otherwise engaged.

Pictures (most courtesy of Maya and Charlotte, from the iPod we randomly won and let them use in the car)

I love that they've figured out how to edit photos :)

I also love that our photo stream gets filled up with self-portraits :)

Sick, sad :(
Somehow Charlotte still made him laugh, though
I'm planning on doing a whole post on Maya's artwork, but here's a sneak peak.  Sorry it's blurry, but it says, "I love you and Christmas too and Santa from Maya girl"  Across the bottom is "girl Charlotte sister" and "cousin Jacob"

I'm not sure I should encourage this, but Maya randomly made up her own Bible verse one day!  The top is her pretend name "Sarah Grace Hart" and the verse is "The true God will heal you when you are hurt." Genesis 1:6  Don't bother checking, this is nothing at all like the real Genesis 1:6, which happened to be her memory verse recently, lol :)

1 comment:

picturingtheordinary said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Milo is sick, once again. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be. Don't worry, no one thinks that you are unreliable. You have little kids and sickness is bound to happen (unfortunately a lot of sickness for the little man). I hope tomorrow is better! I'm praying for you guys tonight. Enjoy watching crappy TV. I watched the Desperate Housewives of Beverly Hills with Isaac in the middle of the night last night. I don't remember much of what happened, because I was so intrigued with their plastered faces. Whoa plastic surgery!