Monday, November 18, 2013

How Tall This Fall

The weekend after Halloween, I checked the website of the pumpkin farm we go to every year, and almost had a panic attack when it said they were only open through the end of October (it was November 1st when I checked).  I had a meltdown in the car on the way home from church, complete with the ugly cry, while Michael kinda sat in stunned silence because, while I'm not the most emotionally stable person in the world, he could tell this was affecting me at a deeper level than a pumpkin-farm-closure should affect a person, and there was nothing he could do about it.  Michael saved the day by calling the farm and finding out that their website was wrong (why would they do that to me???  Don't they understand how important this is???) and they were in fact open for business.  Bonus of going after the season is pretty much done?  We were one of two families there, so no awkward waiting for people to get out of the shot while I was trying to take pictures! :)  Unrelated to it being after the season, we spent a good amount of time watching a cat play with a mouse.  It was entertaining (the cat kept letting the mouse go and pretending he couldn't find it) but also very sad because we knew the mouse's final fate :/  We left before the kids figured out what was going to happen!



 







No comments: